Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Airport X-rays

  1. #1
    8th Man
    Guest 8th Man's Avatar

    Post

    Anyone ever had a problem checking film though for a flight? I know you should take it as carry-on but that wasn't possible. I developed a roll of 35mm and it was fine so maybe I'll be okay.

    ------------------
    PRM

  2. #2
    maurizio
    Guest maurizio's Avatar

    Post

    It depends on the security staff of the airport: I had no problem in showing a bunch of Sound K40 at Logan Boston Intl' Airport and the people theree let it go thorugh without having it X-ray scanned.

    In Brussels it was very different though: the security staff, despite my insistence, almost compelled me forcibly to have them X-ray scanned.

    But I did not experience problems on those rolls so probbaly, unless the speed exceeds 800 ASA, those devices are OK (not the ones they use to scan stewage luggage though, as the are more powrful and detrimental to the emulsion). That's all I acan say..
    Maurizio.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Scott Nocella
    Guest Scott Nocella's Avatar

    Post

    We hand checked our shot rolls without incident on our domestic flight within the USA without incident. We then had to put our cameras through their Scanning Equipment....we removed tapes and film for hand checking. We always allow for extra time to clear through these extra procedures so that we can relax on the plane.

    Scott
    World Harmony Unlimited

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post


    Uh, hello there Scott, are you back?

    -Alex

    ------------------

  5. #5
    redrice
    Guest redrice's Avatar

    Post

    i can confirm the brussels problem. on a recent trip from brussels to cairo via london, brussels was the only airport which refused point blank to hand check my K40. heathrow were very nice on the way out, and very awkward on the way back, but did it both times. the egyptians were cool about the whole thing. (probably just as well, judging from the age of their x=ray machines.

    FWIW:

    peter

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •